WHY WE EXIST
The OBC Marriage Ministry seeks to actively foster a nurturing community that encourages the development and renewal of Christ-centered marriages.
Marriage Ministry provides:
- Marriage classes
- Couple-to-couple mentoring
- Special enrichment events
- Marriage resources for classes and small groups
We nurture marriages by:
- Openly sharing joys and trials
- Reaching out to and encouraging one another
- Providing accountability
- Being grace-filled
- Modeling healthy, Christ centered marriages
- Helping youth and singles develop God-honoring relationships
WHAT IS MARRIAGE MENTORING?
Marriage mentoring is for married couples who just need a little help, are in great crisis and feel hopeless or any married couple anywhere in between. Marriage mentors will help you identify key areas of concerns using an online couple’s diagnostic survey. They will carefully help you navigate through issues derived from the survey. The weekly sessions will last up to 10 weeks and are approximately 1.5 hours long. Mentoring most often occurs in the home of the mentors.